Cohousing unit for sale
From: Bruce Koller (bkollerdvc.edu)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 1996 13:11:17 -0500
I'm passing along this info for another member of my community.  (I found
out about my own unit here via cohousing-l and my family has now been
here about 4 months.  We're very happy with the whole thing.)

TOWN HOUSE FOR SALE

Muir Commons CoHousing in Davis, California

THE HOUSE:
*    2 bedrooms, 1 bath
*    Energy efficient
*    800 square feet
*    5 years old
*    Private deck and cottage garden
*    Gas stove
*    Forced air gas heat

THE COMMUNITY:
This 26-unit CoHousing project on 3 acres was the first one built
in the US after three years of planning.
*    Hot tub
*    Wood shop/auto shop
*    Productive orchard
*    Organic vegetable garden
*    Established landscaping
*    Guest room
*    Sitting room with fireplace
*    Laundry room
*    Optional community dinners
*    Covered bike parking
*    Exercise room

THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
*    Across from Patwin Elementary School
*    Adjacent to greenbelt
*    Wildlife pond one block away
*    15 acre park across the street

THE TOWN OF DAVIS:
*    University of California campus
*    Well-planned parks and greenbelt/bike path network
*    Food co-op with large membership
*    Strategically placed between mountains and coast
*    Excellent schools and recreation programs

$135,000.00
For a prospective owner who wants to rent for a period of time to
experience the community, $300 per month of the $775 rent goes
toward the down payment, if purchase goes to escrow within the
first year.  $125 of the Muir Commons Home Owners Association is
included in the $775 rent.  The City of Davis services bill
(street lights, parks, garbage) of approximately $25/month will
be paid by the current owners until the house is sold.

FOR SALE BY OWNER:  Call Lauren at (916) 753-0753