Re: What is cohousing, revisted.
From: Joani Blank (jeblankhooked.net)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 01:49:07 -0500
Stuart,

I'll be happy to take a whack once more at the "what is cohousing" question
in a way that I hope will help you with the immediate inclusion problem for
web pages.. For me the bottom line is that each household has its own
kitchen AND that there is a also a common dining area and kitchen where at
least a couple of shared meals are prepared each week. (I would not exclude,
however, a community that builds its individual units first and does some
shared meals at each other's homes, as long as plans for a common house are
clearly in place.)

The community that eats together stays together!

Joani Blank
Doyle Street CoHousing (since 1992) and Old Oakland CoHousing (starting in 1998)