Land in Northern California
From: Denise Meier and/or Michael Jacob (dmmjwco.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 12:23:35 -0500
In my fretful, worried state days before our successful city council
approval, I was still looking for for-sale signs on land, and saw this
one on Sunday.

It is 60 acres East of Guerneville on highway 116. The sign says "60
acres, 40 lots, owner will carry". I vaguely remember calling on this one
a while ago, and think it is an old subdivision granted by the county
years ago, which they would like to rescind, but apparently cannot. It is
UNLIKELY that there are actually 40 usable lots on the property. It needs
to be "perked" which means doing percolation tests to see how much septic
capacity it has. That will cost some money. However, for a group that is
be looking for a rural site, it might have potential. The realtor I spoke
to said that because of the county wanting to rescind the subdividable
zoning, they might be amenable to allowing clustering in exchange for
protecting the surrounding open space. It is on a rather steep hillside
and I haven't checked it out closely. But I did want to pass on the
information in case it interests anyone else. It's right across the road
from the Russian River. Please don't take any of my information as gospel
- I called them a long time ago and may not be remembering all the details
correctly. If it sounds interesting, call them.

The Realty company is called Great River Properties, 707-869-9067.

Denise Meier