EcoVillage at Ithaca, Second Neighborhood Starting
From: RAYGASSER (RAYGASSERdelphi.com)
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 21:52:10 -0500
EcoVillage at Ithaca (NY) has started planning its second neighborhood. The
first one is nearing completion (first move-ins in late Sept, continuing
thru December), and we're eager to get going on the next phase of this
project. There was an introductory meeting about a month ago that drew
about 15 households, and between 5 and 7 are SERIOUSLY interested, including
people who came for the meeting from across the country, and decided to stay
for the neighborhood!

Anyway, for those of you who know about us, and would be SERIOUS about
helping develop the second neighborhood, there will be a meeting here
in Ithaca Aug 31/Sept 1 for the purpose of setting up some of the
group structures and dynamics.

This meeting is not intended to be an "Introduction to EcoVillage", but
a working meeting for those with a strong interest in our project. If you
think you'd like to attend, we'd love to here from you. Please call
Liz Walker at (607) 255-8276 or (607) 277-2072 (both numbers: days).

Of course, we're also interested in people who want to find out more
about our project, may be interested in joining the second (or third,
or fourth) neighborhood group. We'll be having more "introduction"-type
meetings, and Liz will be happy to talk to anybody about EVI. And if you
just want to see how the first neighborhood's coming, give us a call, and
we'll help arrange a visit.

Liz's can be reached via E-mail c/o: jonesjared [at] aol.com, or
ecovillage [at] cornell.edu.

I'd suggest sending stuff to me, but I'll be out of town for a few days,
and you wouldn't get a speedy reply.

Ray Gasser, EcoVillage at Ithaca
raygasser [at] delphi.com