Re: CCRS needed
From: Sherri Zann Rosenthal (76671.1561CompuServe.COM)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 07:34:59 -0500
I'm working on the Eno Commons CCRs, Homeowner's incorp. docs. now, and could
use a good model, too. I'd appreciate any help. In particular, I'm interested in
the substance of particular covenants, not really in the boilerplate legal
document.

One thing to watch for is that these entities are creations of state law: put
the wording of specific covenants into a boilerplate document appropriate for
your state. Documents from other states may look substantially the same, but
vary in some subtle ways that could have nasty consequences. Any decent attorney
who has done some subdivisions will have such model documents. I can provide
such model documents for North Carolina.

Thanks for any help.

Sherri Zann Rosenthal
Eno Commons CoHousing, Durham, NC
Where many big oaks were felled by the hurricane, including a huge, well-loved
tree in my backyard. Most roads are now passable, water in all but a few places
is now drinkable, and electricity was restored to my house after only a two day
blackout. Amazingly efficient clean up effort. Now I'm wondering how lumber and
other construction materials prices will be affected. Hugo caused quite a spike
in construction costs.