RE: CC&Rs
From: John Major (jmajormhz.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 1996 13:21:19 -0500
We at Wasatch CoHo are in the midst of working ours up, and I asked
pretty much the same question a few months back. To save Rob Sandelin
posting his usual response   ;-)   I'll point out that the party line is that
CC&Rs are too specific to each location to be of general use, and that
you should start from a valid one for your state, as a template. HOWEVER
- there are a bunch of things we've found that *are* specific to CoHo that
might end up in our CC&Rs, and certainly CoHo realities are affecting our
CC&R evolution. I'd like to get a discussion going of what topics these
might be, and what folks now living in CoHo Condos have found useful.
To Whit:

How have you set up the daily management of your units, in a way that is
compatible with consensus decision making? Obviously, we don't want
everyone involved in every tiny issue that comes up, but we don't want
to hire a professional manager, either (did any of you do this?). We are
thinking of a small group - say, three - that rotates. I dont' think we can
rely on folks to sign up out of "interest" for this gig... Then we would set
up guidelines for issues that should be referred to the entire community.
Whatya think?

Thanks -
John Major
Wasatch CoHousing