To accept or not to accept
From: JPCOACH (JPCOACHaol.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 11:27:36 -0500
Some of us have been having a friendly debate on the subject of the criteria
that we use to accept people into the cohousing community.....everyone agrees
that we want diversity, but there is some disagreement about "compatible
personalities"  .... basically, some people say, if I think the person's
personality is going to be disruptive to the group, I'm inclined to vote
against their joining....

Have y'all had experiences (pro and con) with effective criteria for
approving participants that serves the needs of the community without
discriminating against anyone for any grounds other than pure workability?

Has anyone wished that their community had been more\less discriminating in
participant approvals?

Jay Perry
Liberty Village