Re: Personal Information on Lexis
From: Loren Davidson (lorenwombat.net)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 15:35:43 -0500
At 03:17 PM 9/17/96 -0500, JJSherwood [at] aol.com wrote:
>Hi, Everyone....
>
>We just received this e-mail from a longtime friend.  He's a software
>engineer who spends a lot of time in cyberspace.  I consider him to be a very
>reliable source and not hysterical in any way.  With that introduction, I
>pass this information on to you.

(stuff deleted)

I've done some investigation on this today, after getting the same
letter...apparently they stopped including SSN's in their database in June,
after only 12 days.  Apparently the level of protest was deafening.

They've got a statement up at
http://www.lexis-nexis.com/lncc/about/ptrak.html on the subject.  It
probably still couldn't hurt to tell 'em to get your name the H*ll out of
their database though...

Loren
Loren Davidson
loren [at] wombat.net
http://www.batnet.com/beauty/
The First Amendment went too far.  It should have said, "Congress shall
make no law".