CA Regional Conference
From: MartyR707 (MartyR707aol.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:30:30 -0500
Here's an invitation to attend the CA regional conference coming up Oct.
11-13 in Sacramento.  (You don't have to live in California to attend - it
will be loaded with coho info and fun.)  Registration for the WHOLE WEEKEND
with some meals included is only $75 - if your group signs up 5 people
together it goes down to $50 each.  Childcare provided, etc.  If you'd like a
brochure sent to you, email Eileen at EILEENSNI [at] aol.com.
Hope to see you there!!
Marty Roberts, Jewell Hill Coho (We're close to submitting our tentative map
and floor plans!!)  Here's the conf. schedule:

Friday
6:00pm  Registration and Reception
7:00pm  CoHousing Design:  A chance to see with our own
 eyes what works and what doesn't.  Members of completed California projects
will show slides with examples of their best and worst features.  CoHousing
co-founder Chuck Durrett will give a slide presentation showing successful
and the occasional dubious design features from cohousing communities around
the world.  A chance to cheer the movementis achievements and learn from its
goofs.

Saturday

8:00-9:00 Breakfast and Networking
9:00-10:00 Keynote Address
10:15-12:15 Session 1
 A  Introduction to Cohousing in North America and an Update on Europe
 B  Development Alternatives: group as developer, working with a developer,
or growing organically
 C  Children in Cohousing (there will be breakout sessions for older kids and
teens to participate in)
12:15-1:15 Lunch:
1:30-3:00 Session 2
 A  Different forms of ownership, Coop to Condo
 B  Participatory Design Process
 C  Sustaining the Community: growing closer and having fun together
3:15-5:15 Session 3
 A  Recruitment and Marketing
 B  Convincing Local Government and Prospective Neighbors that we are mostly
harmless
 C  Making Decisions and Handling Conflict
5:30  Dinner
8:00 Music and Dancing with Southside Park Cohousing's own Coyote Contra
Band.  Rooms available for talking for those who refuse to have fun.  $4 for
age 12 and over
Sunday:

8:30-9:30 Breakfast and informal sessions
9:45-11:15 Session 4
 A  Affordable Development: subsidies, sweat equity, rentals, commercial use
 B  Accomplishing ideas in designing for low environmental impact:  idealism
meets reality
 C  Community Operations: nuts and bolts of running cohousing, forms and
formats
11:30-12:30 Closing Session

Members of local Cohousing communities will be happy to facilitate tours
Sunday afternoon for any who wish.