Help! Pet Policy Stressor (fwd)
From: Cohousing-L listmgr (fholsonmtn.org)
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 10:18:25 -0500
Corrine (dan_ardoin [at] msn.com ) is the author of the message below but due
to a problem with an changed address it was posted by the COHOUSING-L list
manager: owner-cohousing-L [at] cohousing.org
******************** FORWARDED MESSAGE FOLLOWS ***********************

To anyone who may be able to assist us:
This is a request from the Grell CoHousing Group (now called Tierra Nueva
CoHousing).
We are in need of some advice, ideas, words of wisdom, regarding pet policy.
We are currently struggling to form a pet policy and realize the emotional
difficulties that arise when trying to decide what will and will not be
acceptable, given the diverse and wide range of acceptabilities where pets and
their owners are concerned.  For example, having lived in condos, I believe
that pets should be restrained and not allowed to run loose, but others in our
group believe otherwise and are adament about being able to do as they choose
with their pets.  Emotions are a definite stressor on this meeting agenda
item.  Anyone who has dealt with creating pet policies for your community, we
would appreciate what policy you have created or any ideas on how to develop a
policy without losing valuable community members.  As you may know, we are in
the pre-breaking ground stages and are speeding ahead to all the complications
and things that need to get done, pet policy seems to be one of those
important concerns.  Thanks to all! Corrine Tierra Nueva CoHousing