re: metering common heating system
From: Deborah Behrens (debbehauto-trol.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 17:03:13 -0500
> Tom Lent wrote
> We will put four water flow meters on each water heater,
> one for each unit's domestic water usage and one for each
> unit's hydroniv space heating loop.

what's the accuracy of your water flow meters?  when we checked
into meters, the ones we found that weren't too expensive were only
about +/- 15 to 20%.  The more expensive and accurate meters we
thought weren't cost effective.
                            ~___~
                            (0 0)
 +-----------------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------------------------+
 |  Debbie Behrens                              debbeh [at] auto-trol.com |
 |  Highline Crossing CoHousing                      W (303)252-2215 |
 |   1611 W. Canal Ct Littleton CO 80120             Fx(303)252-2249 |
 |  Rocky Mountain Cohousing Assn                    H (303)797-7779 |
 |      All opinions expressed are mine, and do not necessarily      |
 |   reflect the opinions of Highline Crossing or RMCA in general.   |
 | 27 Occupied units in 4 buildings, last 2 bldgs under construction.|
 |        Almost sold out.  Hope to be complete by spring 97.        |
 |   Fighting city hall over destruction of a local trail/wetland.   |
 |        Some of us are starting an investment club too!            |
 |RMCA regional conference in November in Prescott AZ - see you there|