Liberty Village Groundbreaking
From: Carrie Burmaster (cburmastumabnet.ab.umd.edu)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 08:05:24 -0500
Hi folks--just wanted to update you on the latest at Liberty Village.  On
October 13 we had our official groundbreaking ceremony.  We had a couple
of TV stations there filming all day-Home and Garden cable station and a
local station that put us on the 6 p.m. and 11 p.m. news.  We also had
some local politicians there that gave interviews for the press.  We are
planning to schedule one PR event like that a month to keep the interest
and awareness up in the community.We are still planning for road and sewer
construction to begin next month.  Another good PR opportunity coming up
will be at a lecture by Mary Pipher, author of the book "In the Shelter of
Each Other" (she also wrote Reviving Ophelia).  In her book she talks
about the importance of community in the life of the family, and actually
describes her vision of community which is really cohousing (although she
never uses the word).  Apparently she is hot on the lecture circuit right
now and usually sells out wherever she goes, so you all may also be able
to take advantage of her event if she comes near you.  We have gotten
permission to have an information table at her talk, and to say a few
words during the body of her lecture.

Carrie Burmaster
Liberty Village:  Where we just had a rousing good time at a barn dance
Saturday night!