Multi Family Strawbale Housing
From: Sarah Kerr (Sarah_Kerrbecgy.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 16:11:49 -0500
We're looking at trying to build a 10-15 unit inner city cohousing project in
Calgary and are looking for information on multi family straw bale
construction.

Has any other cohousing project been built with straw bales? (or straw bale
hybrid?)  Is the loss of space (from thick walls) compensated for by
decreased labour costs (we plan to do much of the work ourselves)?  Is any
one aware of any plans for multi family straw bale projects that we might be
able to use to educate our local politicians?

I'd appreciate any information that people might have on this subject.

Thanks
Sarah Kerr
Wholelife Housing, Calgary, Alberta
(Where the last of my sweetpeas got frosted last night and we are battening
down for Winter.)