Re: An Inquery
From: Denise Meier and/or Michael Jacob (dmmjwco.com)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 11:43:52 -0500

> Yup, yup yup
>  I wish we would all stop using the term UNIT.
>  I live in a warm safe snuggy HOME surrounded by 24 other homes.
>  Sharing a  wall with my neighbor doesn't make this any less a home.

Actually, even single family homes are referred to as units in
technospeak. I think we use it because the planners, builders, developers,
etc we speak to use the phrase, and we all have a natural desire to want
to sound like we "know what we're talking about", evidenced by our use of
the relevant jargon. But it's a point well taken.

Denise