Carts
From: B B Oneida (boneidajuno.com)
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 07:29:04 -0700 (MST)
        Hi. As an ex-member of Twin Oaks Community I recommend
Gardenway-type carts. They are relatively large with 2 big (bicycle)
wheels and feet in the front to put them down on.  They can carry large
loads (weeks worth of groceries plus 2 toddlers) with one person doing
the work.  They can be home made but are often heavier if they are. They
go over various terrains with ease but I guess you have to pay attention
to how wide they are as compared to the doorways. They are very popular
with Twin Oakers, though they are expensive. An agreement to leave them
in convenient drop-spots when one is through using them helps to keep them
available. They are also very useful for carrying stuff from the
garden to the kitchen!

Bev Oneida, ex Twin Oaker, ex(boo-hoo!) Charlottesville (Virginia)
Cohouser
        (Where they are near to choosing a site)
  • Carts B B Oneida, October 31 1996
    • Re: carts Larry Israel, November 8 1996
    • Carts Sharon Villines, March 18 1998