Re: Cohousing Timeline Game
From: Mac Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 14:41:46 -0600
Sarah Kerr posted a message back on 10/21 asking about the ³CoHousing
Game².  I¹ve been out of town for a couple weeks and am just getting
caught up with my coho-l reading so here's my delayed response.

I¹m assuming that Sarah is referring to the Timeline Game developed by
Bruce Coldham.  I¹ve done work to revise and distribute the game because
I think that it¹s an incredibly valuable tool for any coho group working
through the development process.  Below is some basic info on the game.
If you have any questions, please contact me.

Also if there are folks on this list that have played the game, I¹d love
to hear your comments on it.  Post them here if they¹re good, post them
to me privately if they¹re not.  ;>}  JKOC (just kidding of course)

* OVERVIEW OF THE TIMELINE GAME *
The Timeline Game is a hands on educational tool that helps your core
group to graphically plan their cohousing development process.  If you
have a core group that is enthused about creating cohousing, but doesn¹t
know quite how to make it happen, the Timeline Game will help teach you
what steps you need to take.

The game guides you through conducting your own development planning
workshop.  In the workshop, the game introduces you to the major
development issues and requires you to begin thinking about how you will
plan for and manage them.  Membership, marketing, land acquisition,
design, construction management, legal, financial, permits, and
approvals are all covered by the game.

* QUOTES ABOUT THE GAME *
"The TLG is a great exercise.  I think that it's worthwhile for every
core group to play it".
        Chuck Durrett, Father of American CoHousing

"This is a great tool. It helps developers and cohousing groups learn
about each other and discover how they can become partners".
                Richard Berman, Developer in Portland Maine

* HOW TO ORDER *
All work that has been done to create and distribute the Timeline Game
has been done on a voluntary basis.  All sales proceeds go to support
the CoHousing Network.
To order, send a $25 check made out to the CoHousing Network to:

Mac Thomson
862 County Road 503
Bayfield, CO   81122

(970)-884-2196
ganesh [at] rmi.net

--
           Mac Thomson                   San Juan Cohousing
           ganesh [at] rmi.net                Durango, Colorado

"Education is the ability to listen to almost anything
   without losing your temper or your self-confidence."
                            - Robert Frost