Re: Shared heating systems
From: Willie Schreurs (williefortnet.org)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 23:09:38 -0600
On Tue, 12 Nov 1996 Mmariner [at] aol.com wrote:

> Bruce Coldham in a Cohousing Journal article said that having heating systems
> that  heat several homes are more ecological.  Are any sites planning a
> central heating plant that heats several buildings -- such as college
> campuses sometimes use?  I guess they use underground conduits for heating...

        I understand that Ithaca Ecovillage is doing that.  I think that
they have one heating plant per building and, of course, a few homes
per building.  I'm guessing that someone from there will fill you in
better than I can.

  /\                     Willie Schreurs                      /\
 //\\  <willie [at] FortNet.org> or <71500.2232 [at] compuserve.com>   //\\
///\\\          Greyrock Commons, Fort Collins, CO          ///\\\