Re: Consensus Training
From: Stephen R. Figgins (figora.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 13:03:21 -0600
I am currently working on some training sessions for the company for
which I work.  I have never formally trained anyone in consensus
before.  I have about 10 years of experience working with groups using
Consensus, and spent some time independently studying Group Dynamics
about 6 years ago.  In the development of my courses there are four
books I am drawing from more than any others, they are:

Resource Manual for a Living Revolution, Coover, Virginia et. al.,
1985, New Society Publishers, Philidelphia

Dynamics of Groups at Work, Thelen, Herbert A., 1954 The University of
Chicago Press, Chicago

Dreaming the Dark, Starhawk, 1982, Beacon Press, Boston

Peace & Power: a handbook of Feminist Process, Wheeler, Charlene
Eldridge and Peggy L. Chinn, 1984, Margaretdaughters, Buffalo, N.Y.

It looks like the classes are going to be devided into three 4 hour
sessions on Consensus Decision Making, Group Dynamics, and Group
Leadership.

I can make some of my class materials available on the Net as they
develop.

Stephen R. Figgins
fig [at] ora.com
http://tech.ora.com/fig/