Re: Shared heating systems
From: Nitsan Vardi (eminvunidhp.uni-c.dk)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 15:30:11 -0600
Generally larger systems are more economic -if transmission losses are
kept down. Also pollution is better controlled in a central installation
that is maintained professionally.  Here in Saettedammen we have a central
heating system based on gas boilers (an upgrade from oil burners some
years ago) and underground conduits.
The common house has an auxilliary solar hot water system, that reducess
our energy bill (and global pollution) significantly.
Currently, a total upgrade to solar energy will be too expensive, for
technical reasons. Some houses, however, have installed solar heaters.

                                                ___ __
Nitsan Vardi                                  \   \   \ \   \   \/  \  \
Saettedammen, Denmark                              \   \ \   \  _\    __\
e-mail: eminv [at] unidhp.uni-c.dk                                 \