Urban cohousing slide show
From: David Mandel (dlmandelrcip.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 01:32:31 -0600
Hi, everyone.

I've put this out previously on cohousing-l, but it's been quite awhile and
I've also just finished revising the text and a couple of the slides, so
here goes.

Thinking about or planning a cohousing community in an urban infill
location, particularly in a low-income neighborhood? Your group might
benefit from seeing a slide show about Southside Park Cohousing, 25
households on 1.3 acres in downtown Sacramento, completed in 1993.

The show includes 100 slides and a 10-page descriptive narrative. While it
includes many views of the project, inside and out, it is NOT meant to be a
general introduction to cohousing; rather, it focuses on design, social and
economic issues involved in creating a mixed-income project in a very
low-income, diverse urban neighborhood.

The production has deliberately NOT been transferred to video. This enables
you to make it an entire evening program or to cull out some of the slides
for a shorter presentation or part of a larger one -- or to use it in
various formats while you have it.

The production is not a commercial venture. I am not selling copies, though
groups are welcome to duplicate any of the slides while they have a
borrowed set. I ask only that you 1) consult with me about the dates you'll
want to have a set of the slides; 2) mail them back to me promptly as
agreed (or if requested, send them directly to the next destination); and
3) make a modest donation to help me recoup the costs of making,
duplicating and mailing the slides. The range for most groups so far has
been $10 to $30. depending on financial condition.

Earlier versions of the slide show have been used by 15 or 20 groups, and
the comments I've received back from them has been extremely positive. If
you wish, I can put you in touch with a group similar to yours that has
used the slides.

To inquire or schedule the slides for your group, e-mail or call me at
home, (916) 446-5066. Best time is late evening -- though remember, this is
California. I'm in and out on most weekends. If you say it's about
borrowing the slide show, I will return your call.

David Mandel