Shameless pitch for Old Oakland CoHousing
From: Joani Blank (jeblankhooked.net)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 23:54:54 -0600
>Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 21:46:59 -0800
>To: cohousing-l
>From: Joani Blank <jeblank [at] hooked.net>
>Subject: Shameless pitch for Old Oakland CoHousing
>
>Old Oakland CoHousing at Swan's Market is looking for a few good
people/households who:

>-- Want to live in cohousing in the SF Bay Area more than they want to live
in the suburbs or a rural area here or anywhere else.

>-- Would like to have public transportation, restaurants, shopping,
museums, entertainment, etc within 1 to 6 blocks of home.

>-- Are convinced that we cohousing pioneers have a role to play in making
cities--the "downtown" part--a more humane place to live.

>Our group does not currently have any out-of-town members, but we are
certainly open to having you join now even if you are not ready to move to
the Bay Area until closer to move-in. Some recent postings on this list have
had some really good suggestions on how to incorporate out-of-town members.

>By the way--take it from a birthright New Englander--we have fabulous
weather here in Northern California. And the social climate ain't half bad
either. ;-)