Private Streets
From: Zpaiss (Zpaissaol.com)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 14:28:26 -0600
Zev Here:

Thos asked - "Would a stranger walking down a common street in a cohousing
neighborhood feel like he's trespassing?

I have lived in the Nyland community for the past three years and we have
what we call our pedestrian pathways which wind through our commiunity.  They
are designed to feel like a private paths leading to the homes while
providing emergency access to our homes whenever needed.

In reality it is owned by the Homeowners Association but can be used by
anyone.  Because of our design with the parking clustered at the front of the
community, strangers walking down this pathway would feel like they are
entering at least a semi-private area.  This is intentional and helps create
the feeling of safety we all wanted.

Zev