Re: Racial integration of cohousing
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 20:35:50 -0600
SOmething David wrote in a recent post: I think our society
is still quite segregated, and therefore a cohousing core group that
comprises all or almost all whites is likely to stay that way. Groups that
are multiracial from the start or predominantly minorities from the start
attract more minorities along the way as well.

There is a group forming in Seattle, just got land, that made the commitment,
from the start, to ONLY recruit minorities at first, in order to get a
starting group that was well integrated.  They are very new still, but do have
land. I will be interested to see if the strategy works and what the racial
mix is at move in.

Rob
Sharingwood
Where the beings are higher evolved. :-)