Re: Querry? Foundation/Agency Funding
From: Carmen McDowell (sandiegoaccessone.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 17:08:53 -0600
Hi Marti,

>I am writing to you to find out if there are ANY coho projects that have
>received any governmental or private foundation financial assistance in
>the form of low interest loans, grants, matching grants, etc.

I have a background in development (fundraising) for public educational
institutions, so I can't speak directly to the issue of grants to cohousing
projects.  Still, it might be helpful to know about the Taft Corporation
and Foundation Directories (in the reference section of any bigger
library).  There you can discover what foundations fund housing and/or
cohousing projects and what their solicitation guidelines are.

Best of luck to you, and let us know what you learn!

Cheers,
Carmen McDowell
Associate Member, Songaia Cohousing Cooperative
Bothell, Washington