Community Bill of Rights/Responsibilities
From: Joe Nolan (jnolanAdobe.COM)
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 20:39:16 -0600
Hi all,
I'm working on a prototype "Community Bill of Rights/Responsibilities" for
the EcoVillage Cohousing Cooperative (EVCC), which is the first
neighborhood group of EcoVillage at Ithaca. The idea is to enumerate some
fundamental principles which we can agree to, to be used as a basis for
creating specific guidelines (interpretations) to apply to
Pets/Food/Children/etc,etc...

**If your community has written a similar document, please email the text
to me.**
It will be a great help.

Our hope is to rely on these general principles and a Conflict Resolution
Process to get along together.

We seem to be divided into a "conflict resolution" camp and a "laws & cops"
camp. Hopefully this new proposal will satisfy all. (Our initial attempts
to spin out concrete rules for pets was a major failure.)

Mucho thanks,
joe

joe nolan
EcoVillage Cohousing Cooperative