Re: Unsucessful coho groups/INTRO
From: Chuck Tedesco (ctedescoSRA1.COM)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 23:24:30 -0600
It seems to me that there are differing challenges in urban settings
with existing housing than more rural/building from the ground up.  I
think one starts with small steps--renting, covenants, gradually adding
the amounts of shared responsibilities, etc.  As that evolves, there may
be an opportunity to buy as a group. That being said, let me reiterate--
I am new and learning.
I do not need a shared ideology except as it concerns openness to the
will of the group and following covenants, then holding up my end of the
bargain.
Which gets me to the intro: I am new to the list and have a deep
interest in joining in (or helping to form) community in San Diego
County, CA. The end goal is the creation of a rural, organic, simple
retreat setting/community where people can go to learn how to truly
relax and reconnect with themselves.  My intent is to find out what is
working and learn more about the challenges of community.
Professionally, I am an independen Holistic Smoking Cessation Counselor.
Question: Do you use the term cohousing to mean the same thing as
communual living or "being in community"?
--
 Chuck Tedesco      Smoking Release Associates  HTTP://WWW.SRA1.COM
 Smoking Cessation Coach   Service via phone/e-mail/products shipped