Re: Bill of Rights/Social Codes
From: MelaSilva (MelaSilvaaol.com)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 11:49:00 -0600
In a message dated 97-01-03 11:13:06 EST, Rob writes:

>If you are a forming group, ask yourself how much you know about the people
>around you. Not just their meeting style, but where they grew up, important
>events in their lives, why they are interested in cohousing, what they do
for
>fun, and money, etc.  These are the sharings that will bring you a great
deal
>of understanding which will make your decision making easier.

At most of our early meetings the facilitator  would say " We will go around
the circle now and introduce ourselves. Would you please tell us ( how many
kids you have) (where you grew up) ( whether or not you have ever lived
outside of this country)." This was a quick simple way to gain added info
about people, and by beginning each meeting that way, we learned a little
each time.

Mela Silva
Southside Park, Sacramento