RE: Introductions
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 10:15:27 -0600
Mel wrote: At most of our early meetings the facilitator  would say " We will
go around
the circle now and introduce ourselves. Would you please tell us ( how many
kids you have) (where you grew up) ( whether or not you have ever lived
outside of this country)."

I often start workshops with the who, what, where, when and why. Who you are
(father, poet, dancer, tree hugger...etc.) What you do for fun and money,
where you grew up, when you joined the group and ....WHY you joined the group.
I then give everyone 2 minutes to cover all this, and I encourage folks to be
creative....Its fun. I've had people sing me there story, rap it, dance it,
One very talented lady even did it as a rhymning, Dr. Suess like poem! And you
get a lot of info in a short time.

Other ideas people have?
  • introductions WRIGHTS, December 9 1992
    • RE: Introductions Rob Sandelin, January 8 1997
    • RE: Introductions Denise Meier and/or Michael Jacob, January 8 1997