RE: Introductions
From: Denise Meier and/or Michael Jacob (dmmjwco.com)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 12:00:28 -0600
Lately we've been doing some really fun ones. (I don't know who in our
group is thinking these up but they're great!) Once a group has been
together for a while we all know what each other does for a living and
other personal details - it's time to dig deeper.

A time when a non-family member really came through for you.

The best birthday surprise you ever had.

A time when you gave a really great present.

What you're looking forward to contributing to the community after
move-in.

A time when you changed your mind about something.

What you were like as a teenager (we did this as an evening program on a
camping trip - each person talked a little about their teenage years and
then sang a song from those years, others joining in if they knew it...)

A coincidence that has happened to you.

Etc. It's a way of teasing out the good stories we all have.

Denise Meier
Sebastopol, CA
(Where I'm on "burn-out leave" - a new policy invented just for me. It's
really helping, and I'd like to remind other groups to allow this for
their members who need it!)

  • introductions WRIGHTS, December 9 1992
    • RE: Introductions Rob Sandelin, January 8 1997
    • RE: Introductions Denise Meier and/or Michael Jacob, January 8 1997