RE: Block Clubs - Evolving to Cohousing?
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 07:55:12 -0600
Rob S., does the NW communities assn. do much "lobbying" with city
governments?  Any successes?

Not much. I did a presentation to the Seattle City Council about cohousing and
cooperative housing trying to get some changes inserted in a housing code
revision that was upcoming. This is still ongoing, but I have done no followup
so I have no idea what became of it, probably very little if nothing. They did
not seem overly interested or sympathetic to non-profit housing. I found years
ago, that to be a good lobbiest you have to be in the circle all the time,
something I do not have time or interest for.

Michael M
Nyland