Re: INterior landscaping
From: MelaSilva (MelaSilvaaol.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 16:26:18 -0600
We are 25 homes on 1.3 acres, and much of the big interior space is grass,
with trees  on the outside edges. We had originally envisioned volley ball
games in the largest space, and that kept us from planting trees and shrubs.
Now many of us are very glad, because  we have used the large open space so
much. Especially in the long summer evenings, the kids gather and play for
hours. We used it for a wonderful wedding, with huge round tables covered
with white cloths, and a canopy draped in gauze and dried flowers.Some of us
plan to have Tai Chi classes, and that would be the perfect spot.

We still have plenty of garden space, lots of fruit trees and grape vines,
flowers and shrubs. But they are planted close to the homes, or in the little
nooks and crannies.

When you build so tight, it sure helps to have open visual space. Visitors
are always amazed that we are are on so little land, because the big open
space makes it look like we have so much.

Mela Silva
Southside Park Cohousing
Sacramento
  • INterior landscaping MartyR707, January 12 1997
    • Re: INterior landscaping MelaSilva, January 13 1997