Re: Common House Refridgerators
From: Ann Barbarow (abarbarowheel.dcn.davis.ca.us)
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:38:41 -0600
At Muir Commons we went pretty much all commercial on kitchen appliances for
the Common House, and while I won't join the fray on refridgerators (our
commercial sized one is in the pantry, so the nominal noise isn't a
problem), but I will say, I wouldn't trade our commercial dishwasher for any
residential dishwasher. Ours cleans tons of dishes in about 3 minutes and
takes things of just about any size. Noise doesn't seem to be a problem, for
the short time it is running there is the activity of other kitchen clean-up
going on so it just blends in with the general hustle-bustle. Our stove was
given to us by a restaurant that was moving, but the oven proved to be
inadequate and unreliable, so we put in a residential sized double oven.