Re: COHOUSING-L digest 49
From: Mac Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 08:31:40 -0600
Dear Fred, Stuart, and the rest,

Our group is in the process of coming up with  a new plan of how and
when we hold our meetings, etc.  It ocurred to me that we could have
alot of very good discussion on the Internet just like we do here on
Coho-L.  Those cyber-meetings would supplement, but not replace, our
face to face meetings.  Some of the opportunities I see are:  no need to
set a schedule or find a place; no need to arrange childcare; people who
don¹t contribute well in large group discussions may find a written
discussion more appealing; and when we do get together for a face to
face meeting, we¹ll already have done a significant amount of processing
of the issues.

Many in our group are already cyber-capable and others seem willing to
find a way to get access.

Have any other groups played with this idea of cyber-meetings?  Any
reaction, good or bad?

I'm not much of a computer whiz (understatement) so I don't know quite
how this kind of thing would best be structured to allow us to have our
discussion, keep it cheap, and make it easily accessible.  Any
suggestions?
--
           Mac Thomson                   San Juan Cohousing
           ganesh [at] rmi.net                Durango, Colorado

"Have the gumption to live differently AND the sense to let everyone
else live differently."