Re: # of units in co-housing
From: Ann Barbarow (abarbarowheel.dcn.davis.ca.us)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 14:19:20 -0600
A Muir Commons member who has studied group dynamics and such has made the
statement that the hardest group size to work with is the 10-200 size. The
theory goes that it is pretty easy to achieve intimacy with 10 people and
noone would expect intimacy with 200, but in between is an awkward number.
Seeing as how most cohousing groups have 30-60 adults, this is sort of an
interesting theory. I realize that this has absolutely nothing to do with
the reason for the original message.

At 10:50 AM 1/20/97 -0600, Patricia  A. DeWitt wrote:
>We are getting ready to go to the city requesting an amendment in the city's
>comprehensive plan so we can build our desired amount of units, 24-28 units.
>Would appreciate comments from existing communities in regards to size
>contributing to divisity and ease of the community functioning.  We would
>like to be able to show the city that this number would enhance the divisity
>and workability of our community.
>Patricia DeWitt
>Community for Ecological Living
>Tucson, Arizona      Just purchased 43 acres of wonderful land!

  • # of units in co-housing Patricia A. DeWitt, January 20 1997
    • Re: # of units in co-housing Ann Barbarow, January 21 1997