Re: Kids Issues
From: Benjmsher (Benjmsheraol.com)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 17:12:06 -0600
I was wondering how groups go about not violating Fair Housing laws when they
consciously consider gaining new members who have kids?  As I understand Fair
Housing law you can't discriminate on the basis of family status, and that
would go for whether a family had kids or not.  So when you prepare ads, for
example, are you careful not to discrimate by not saying things like "3 units
available for families with children"?

Besides what you say in ads, shouldn't we also not violate the spirit of the
law in our informal discussions about who we want to get to fill out our
units?

Ben Sher
Placerville Cohousing