RE: Intimacy with 10, or 200?
From: Thomas Alexander (70372.267compuserve.com)
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 1997 05:49:27 -0600
"We all evolved in communities where everyone we met on a daily basis
was someone we were *related* to. That explains why modern urban
life makes us so crazy..."

John Major,
        I think there should be a rule against amateur anthropology on the
list.  It's so hard not to respond to a quote like that.
        What bugs me more than anything about that quote is that word
"urban."  Would isolation from relatives in the suburbs or countryside make
us any less crazy?  Is urbania necessarily a place where you are isolated
from relatives?  Does urban life really make us crazy?

Thos
Rochester, NY