Winter Issue of CoHousing Journal
From: Cohomag (Cohomagaol.com)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 15:25:20 -0600
The Winter issue of CoHousing (the quarterly printed journal) was finally
mailed last week from Colorado (a little later than usual).  Here's a brief
run-down on the contents of this issue:
* Update on Nomad CoHousing, a "developer-driven" urban project (near
downtown Boulder) with 7 permanently affordable units.
* Report about 6 CoHousing projects that recently received awards from HUD
for innovative approaches to homeownership.  (Unfortunately, it contains a
mistake that we didn't discover until after we went to press:  one of the
winners is Grail CoHousing in San Jose, CA -- not Grell CoHousing in San Luis
Obispo.  Still we're sure that both Grail and Grell will be Great.)
* "Creating Your CC&R's" by Katie McCamant
* Photo-Feature about EcoVillage Ithaca
* An Interview With Jim Leach (developer of Nomad CoHousing and other
projects in Colorado)
* "Exploring the Ideology of CoHousing" by Bill Ray Boyd and Spring
Friedlander
* "Delegating Decisions" by Rob Sandelin
* Report on Pomeroy Lane, a limited-equity cooperative (mixed-income and
mixed-ability project) that was developed by a Massachusetts nonprofit and
based on CoHousing design principles (article by Ann Bruner)
* Tips on Forming a Group (by Chris Hanson)
plus our usual news section, CoHome listings and regional inserts for various
parts of the U.S. and Canada
Our standard informational blurb on the journal is appended to the end of
this message.
If you have any comments you'd like to share in the journal's Letters column
-- or if you have any article ideas you'd like to suggest or pursue -- please
send a message to me at cohomag [at] aol.com.
Don Lindemann, editor (who, with wife Ellen Smith, will finally be moving
into his own CoHome in Berkeley CoHousing on February 15th).