RE: Refrigerator Size
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 09:23:57 -0700 (MST)
I have heard more than one horror story about used commercial built in refer
units. I guess there are some seriously expensive parts on those puppies that
break, so used ones without warrenty may be a risk. At Sharingwood we have an
old UGLY used family sized refer. It is less than optimum but it works and it
was free. I am hoping we can someday buy a newer, better designed unit
someday. Family sized however, not commercial. I have to agree that I see no
reason to buy a huge, energy sucking, commercial unit since you really only
store leftovers.

If you were going to do a major food coop service, with lots of group cheese,
etc. then maybe having all that space makes sense.

 We regularily clean our small UGLY refer out and chuck (compost actually) all
manner of leftovers, which seem to be the items which take up the most shelf
space. I also hope someday we get smarter about not feeding so much food to
the worms.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood