Lobbying
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 17:28:48 -0700 (MST)
Russell gave some ideas about lobbying. I have some as well. The approach I
took was to point out that non-profit housing associations should be given
some breaks from regulatory issues in order to help keep the prices of
property affordable.  There are certain mitigation fees charged for example,
that could and should be waved for non-profit housing associations. Other
costs, such as permit costs could be reduced as well.  The point I made was
that the goals and aims of non-profit housing associations are VERY different,
(and nobler) than the for profit developers and if the city wants to support
low income housing development, this is a good place to start.

Rob Sandelin
Northwest Intentional Communities Association