RE: questions about reselling homes in cohousing
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 12:27:20 -0600
Our experience at Sharingwood is that houses tend to change hands within the
group first because they are the ones who hear about it first.  When you sell
a home, you can let whatever network you create know about it first and then
see who responds. For instance all of our 4 homes that have come up for sale
were first announced to the membership, the immediate circle of friends, and
our mailing list.  This resulted in two of the homes selling before they were
ever marketed anywhere else.

Another home is currently for sale and because it is overpriced it has not
been bought by anyone in the loop and the owners are trying to market it
themselves now to outside. (Note: The price on this home will probably drop by
30-40K in another month, which will make it more attractive)

There is another home that will come up for sale in another 5-6 months and
people in the list of friends are already inquiring about it, even though it
is not officially for sale, and the sale date is dependent on the owner
finishing his new home. I suspect this home will sell long before it is
actually closed on, its a very nice place with seller financing.

So my advice is to not loose track of the folks who are interested, invite
them to dinners or parties regularly, maybe create a little newsletter to keep
them connected.  You WILL have homes for sale and having that list is very
nice.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood