Re: CoHousing Satelites & Pods
From: MelaSilva (MelaSilvaaol.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 09:36:57 -0600
2 of our members purchased a house across the street from us, rehabed it and
are renting it out. 2 of the renters are now an active part of the next coho,
planned just 4 blocks away. The other renters are frequent visitors, and cook
and eat with us.

Another home just 1/2 black away is owned by friends of one of our
households, and wanted to join as much as we would allow them. We dedided we
were too many people in too little space as it was (75 on 1 1/4 acres), and
didn't want to expand that way.  We  decided that for  the next renters from
across the street, also.

While many of us feel it is a great idea, many of us also feel that we are
stretched to the limit getting to know each other.

 We are very excited that another whole development is happening right down
the street.

Pamela Silva
Southside Park, Sacramento CA