3/2/97 Meeting of PERCH -- a San Francisco Bay Area Cohousing Group in Formation
From: Russell L. Brand (brandresponsible.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 10:44:53 -0600
On Sunday, March 2 from 6pm-8pm, PERCH will be having it's next
meeting as at potluck dinner in a private home in Redwood City,
California.  We are actively seeking both new ideas and additional
members.  For information about the meeting or the group in general,
please contact

         perch-questions [at] responsible.com

Peninsula REgional CoHousing (PERCH) is working together to build a
community in which:

* Shared meals, activities, and/or other interactions build strong,
neighborly relations and a sense of "community"

* Problems are solved cooperatively

* You can talk politics and religion - disagree - and still remain friends.

The physical structure to support this will be a Cohousing community
of about 30 households located within about one hour of Stanford
campus.  We are looking to set up an environment that allows
cooperation and sharing (including common meals and child care) to be
easy and to allow each household to determine in what manners and to
what extent they wish to participate in community activities.  We
expect individual households to be autonomous to the greatest extent
practical, we would like people to have an interest but not a vote in
the lives of people in other households.