Re: Cohousing-L tailing off
From: bdsullivan (bdsullivancuhk.edu.hk)
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 23:49:50 -0600
I've been on the list now for 2 years and see the reduced volume of letters
as a logical result of time.
First, many issues that were thoughly addressed earlier can be revisited in
the archives. That's good because I'ld hate to answer the same question
over and over again.

So instead I see the list as an a way of addressing 2 important areas. 1) A
discussion of new issues 2) a newsboard of the status of projects around
the country (new group, just, built, just moved in , unit for sale, etc.)
This is very useful for those of us wanting to join a group and in letting
everyone know how fast cohousing is realy growing. Both of these are
happening now and is why I keep scanning all of the letters.

Finally, a plug for a third area of topics. I'd like to second others
suggestion to write down some stories of the good life in cohousing.  Tell
us who don't live there yet what it's like once you're in.  We hear so much
about meetings and busy schedules,  will some lurkers get scared off?  So
in theory we hear about dinners and community sharing, etc. Did you get
what you were hoping for? I believe these stories will do much for building
people's confidence and interest in cohousing. (Note this is similar to my
scrooge "feel good stories" request in Dec 95 which had great responses.)

Brian Sullivan

Brian D. Sullivan, Lecturer
Department of Architecture
Chinese University of Honk Kong