RE: good things to come
From: Rhys Howitt (rhysmacquarie.matra.com.au)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 06:11:19 -0600
I would like to ask Rob Sandelin to comment on lateral methods of getting
results.

I probably count as one of his 'burning souls' and have been fairly
effective at moving our project along.  This has taken considerable effort.
I'm always conscious of the next thing that has to be done, and the fastest
and most direct way to get to it.

Now I have a new job which requires more of my time and much more of my
energy.  I'm keen to develop new ways of getting things done for our
project, by cultivating a positive spirit, empowering others, and coming up
with clever ways for things to go forward.

I have observed some people who seem to have this skill, and it would be
great to develop this a bit myself.  I recently read an article on a study
which showed that workaholics actually had slightly worse career progression
than those with a more relaxed approach.

Comments from Rob or anyone else?

Rhys Howitt
Secretary
Crossroads Medieval Village Co-operative
Yass, Australia