Re: national list
From: Stuart Staniford-Chen (staniforcs.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 17:50:53 -0600
Debbie wrote:
> Whoops, I actually did mean to send this to the whole list a few days
> ago, and sent it just to stuart.  ...
>

> A revised national list has been mentioned a couple times lately.
> Yes, Joani has done a survey, and so has Graham, but I think those
> were primarily directed at established/built groups.
> Stuart's got a good list of email addresses on the web site, but
> there are lots of groups without email.
> I would still really like to see a list that included all the forming
> groups, with contact names, phone, (and email) etc.  Maybe if the
> editors in each region provided a list for their region, and posted
> it each quarter after the Journal was published, it would be manageable.
>
> I got a request from someone who wanted a group in South Carolina,
> and I have nothing in my database for SC.
> I did give them a few contacts in MD, VA, GA, FL, etc,
> whom I hope will be able to give them better info.
>
> I'll post RMCA's list after the Spring Journal issue is published.

I would definitely like to see some kind of National list maintained.
There used to be such a list maintained primarily by Don Lindemann.
However, it fell out of date and I don't think Don has the energy to work
on it now that he is involved in a cohousing group.

Then, James Graham was working on an "official cohousing-L list of
groups".  That was starting to get quite promising, but unfortunately,
James is having health problems that mean he is unable to continue to
work on it.

I have it in mind to have a database of groups that people could update
for themselves on a web page.  However, it will be a while before I can
work on this as I'm in the middle of overhauling the cohousing-L archives
at the moment.

If someone else wants to take up the load, I think that would be great.

Stuart

Stuart Staniford-Chen
stanifor [at] cohousing.org
Cohousing Network Webweaver
"Consulting Member" of N St and Marsh Commons Cohousing.

  • national list Deborah Behrens, April 3 1997
    • Re: national list Stuart Staniford-Chen, April 3 1997