Re: Hiring from Within
From: Merlin Porter-Borden (merlpberols.com)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 17:41:54 -0500
In answer to Tom's comment on my original mail:

My intention was to help answer a respondents' question about hiring
from within: obvious to me now that I should have kept it simple.  The
message was really CONFLICT of INTEREST, and let all beware.

I meant also that our professionals from within avoid pushing issues
where C of I might be present or perceived.  They are not dummies about
that, nor are the partners.  Of course, they give their professional
opinions, and they give options; and pluses and minuses; and we have
presentations and discusssions.  Usually, our partners support the
recommendations of the professionals, but sometimes there are naunces of
the issue not considered by the technicrats (of which I am one).

Thanks, Tom.