Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 13:53:24 -0500 Reply-To: d-steele [at] uchicago.edu Originator:
From: Sue Conklin (sconklinVinton.COM)
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 14:10:19 -0500
If Sue Conklin Owned McDonalds, she'd do what Texaco, Mobile, the CIBA Gige
foundations have done, she'd sponsor great television on PBS.

And, she'd advertise her product wherever she could because she believed in
it and loved to eat it and since billions of people were consuming it, they
must like it too.

But, since she hates Mcdonalds hamburgers, she'd manufacture toilet paper,
everybody uses it.  But it destroys trees.

Where do you draw the line?  Where do you dictate to other people that they
must not do something, that they can't choose between what is quality by
someone's standards and what is drivvel by others?

Do you deny people television because you believe they can't discriminate
for themselves?  Yea, it kills me that my urban league family I sponsor had
the Tv on all day long, but they choose to do that.  Taking Tv away won't
fix their propensity for drivvel.  They'll then have the radio on all day,
or the gramaphone,  It's their need to block out the silence that creates
the promlem, not that which is available to do the blocking.

Now, weren't we talking about cohousing?