CHUCK AND KATIE
From: Mac Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 09:42:28 -0500
Hot damn.  We just this week (after 18 months of searching) reached an
agreement on the purchase of some beautiful land for our dream
community.

Now we move into the fun work of design, development, and county
approval.  Yes I did say ³fun² and I know that from the posts I¹ve seen
here, maybe ³arduous² or something even worse would be more appropriate,
but for now let me have my rosy misconception.  I¹m too happy to care.

One thing that I¹ve never noticed too much of on this list is a
discussion of Chuck and Katie¹s work.  I remember a couple of posts over
the years in support of it, but never a real no-holds-barred discussion.
I¹d imagine that they must be the preeminent cohousing architects in the
country and I¹d like to know what people think of them that have worked
with them.  I realize that this gets a bit personal, but we¹re an open
and honest bunch of folks and this is an issue of great development
importance, no?  We do plan on using them, BTW.

What are their strengths and weaknesses?  What would you do differently
in your work with them if you had it to do over again?  What worked
particularly well or was particularly fun?

--
           Mac Thomson                   San Juan Cohousing
           ganesh [at] rmi.net                Durango, Colorado

 "Courage is grace under pressure."
                           - Ernest Hemingway
--
Where the energy level has increased about sixfold fueled by the grace
of 330 acres of majestic Ponderosa, sublime Juniper & Pinon,and pastoral