!!NEEDED!!GOOD SONGS FOR COHOUSING MEETINGS!!
From: Diane Simpson (dqsworld.std.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 21:12:35 -0500
Howdy Folks!
I need to collect a bunch of good songs with which to start cohousing group
meetings. I have this one song that I really like, but we can't keep
singing this over and over again. Please send me the names of any good
songs you know, and if they are something your group made up, please give
the name of the tune they are sung to. Meanwhile, here's my favorite song.
I have been told that this is a Scottish song, and that the mythical
purpose of this song is to tell the story of nature, and how it goes around
and around. (Any scholarly song experts are welcome to correct me) If you
want to hear the tune, call me up, and I'll sing it to you. (I cannot read
music)

                            THE RATTLIN' BOG
Chorus:
Hey ho, the rattlin' bog
The bog down in the valley-o
Hey ho, the rattlin' bog
The bog down in the valley-o

And in this bog, there was a tree
A rare tree, a rattlin' tree...
The tree in the bog
And the bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

And on this tree there was a limb
A rare limb, a rattlin' limb...
The limb on the tree and the tree in the bog
The bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

And on this limb there was a branch
A rare branch, a rattlin' branch...
The branch on the limb and the limb on the tree and the tree in the bog
The bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

And on this branch, there was a nest
A rare nest, a rattlin' nest...
The nest on the branch and the branch on the limb and the limb on the tree
and the tree in the bog
The bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

And in this nest there was an egg
A rare egg, a rattlin' egg...
The egg in the nest and the nest on the branch and the branch on the limb
and the limb on the tree and the tree in the bog
The bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

And from this egg, there came a bird
A rare bird, a rattlin' bird...
The bird from the egg and the egg in the nest and the nest on the branch
and the branch on the limb and the limb on the tree and the tree in the bog
The bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

And from this bird, there came a feather...
A rare feather, a rattlin' feather...
The feather from the bird and the bird from the egg and the egg in the nest
and the nest on the branch and the branch on the limb and the limb on the
tree and the tree in the bog
The bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

And from this feather there came a bed
A rare bed, a rattlin bed...
The bed from the feather and the feather from the bird and the bird from
the egg and the egg in the nest and the nest on the branch and the branch
on the limb and the limb on the tree and the tree in the bog
The bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

And on this bed, there was a man
A rare man, a rattlin man...
The man on the bed and the bed from the feather and the feather from the
bird and the bird from the egg and the egg in the nest and the nest on the
branch and the branch on the limb and the limb on the tree and the tree in
the bog
The bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

And by this man there was a maid
A rare maid, a rattlin' maid...
The maid by the man and the man on the bed and the bed from the feather and
the feather from the bird and the bird from the egg and the egg in the nest
and the nest on the branch and the branch on the limb and the limb on the
tree and the tree in the bog
The bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

And from this maid, there came a child
A rare child, a rattlin child...
The child from the maid and the maid by the man and the man on the bed and
the bed from the feather and the feather from the bird and the bird from
the egg and the egg in the nest and the nest on the branch and the branch
on the limb and the limb on the tree and the tree in the bog
The bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

And on this child, there was a hand
A rare hand, a rattlin' hand...
The hand on the child and the child from the maid and the maid by the man
and the man on the bed and the bed from the feather and the feather from
the bird and the bird from the egg and the egg in the nest and the nest on
the branch and the branch on the limb and the limb on the tree and the tree
in the bog
The bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

And in this hand, there was a seed,
A rare seed, a rattlin' seed...
The seed in the hand and the hand on the child and the child from the maid
and the maid by the man and the man on the bed and the bed from the feather
and the feather from the bird and the bird from the egg and the egg in the
nest and the nest on the branch and the branch on the limb and the limb on
the tree and the tree in the bog
The bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

And from this seed, there came a tree
A rare tree, a rattlin' tree...
The tree from the seed and the seed in the hand and the hand on the child
and the child from the maid and the maid by the man and the man on the bed
and the bed from the feather and the feather from the bird and the bird
from the egg and the egg in the nest and the nest on the branch and the
branch on the limb and the limb on the tree and the tree in the bog
The bog down in the valley-o

Chorus

     @@@@          Diane Simpson  http://world.std.com/~dqs      @@@@
     |  |         J P   C O H O U S I N G   N E T W O R K        |  |
     | "|                   dqs [at] world.std.com                    |" |
     | V| 263 Chestnut Ave.#1 Boston, MA 02130-4436 617-522-2209 |V |