Re: Domes
From: Denise Cote (denisediac.com)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 13:33:16 -0500
I have limited experience with domes, mainly a few friends and
acquaintances who have lived in domes or who live in a dome now.  From
what they've told me, however, domes aren't always "half the cost" of
conventional structures.

One couple began construction of their dome expecting it to cost about
$50 per square foot.  It ended up costing $150 per square foot!  The
extra cost was mainly due to the additional time for the carpenters and
other workers to work with the unusual angles.  If you are building the
house yourself and don't count labor (and don't mind the extra time it
will take you), you don't have to account for this extra cost.

--Denise Cote'
Geneva Community
Lyons, Colorado

Denise Cote'